The Pagan Newswire Collective is an open collective of Pagan journalists, newsmakers, media liaisons, and writers who are interested in sharing and promoting primary-source reporting from within our interconnected communities.
The Pagan Newswire Collective Principles of Unity.
- The PNC is committed to the education and enrichment of the interconnected Pagan and Heathen communities and their allies through the medium of news gathering and journalism. The PNC believes that good journalism is vital to our future.
- The PNC will at all times aspire to ideals of transparency, balance, and fairness in the pursuit of a story. We will not use our positions within the collective to sway opinion in local personal disputes or ”Witch Wars”, nor will we let personal ideology or theology erode our impartiality.
- The Pagan Newswire Collective is committed to the development of non-hierarchical and anti-authoritarian relationships, from interpersonal relationships to group dynamics. Therefore, we shall organize ourselves collectively and be committed to the principle of consensus decision-making and the development of a direct, participatory democratic process that is transparent to those involved.
- PNC members and working groups will recognize that the contribution of an individual’s labor is prerequisite for participation in the decision making process. Individuals who are not contributing tangible labor to a PNC working group will be encouraged to share their views but may not “block” a consensus.
- The Pagan Newswire Collective, whenever possible, will commit to the use of free software and open source code in order to develop the digital infrastructure and increase independence by not relying on proprietary software.
- The Pagan Newswire Collective working groups will be committed to the principle of human equality, and will not discriminate based upon race, spiritual belief, gender, age, class or sexual identity. Working groups are committed to the ideal of building diversity within their activities.